The all new German grocery store is set to move and expand in U.S. too. Usually, we live in an area and get used to and comfortable with the products and the layout of the store. But this is not a reason to stop for the German brand Lidl who is trying to expand in U.S. with their low budget, good quality of food is the trick to win the new market. This food chain was started in 2017 and is steadily expanding and growing to the east coast.
Here are some of the thing you need to know about this store;
- It is non-German, by that we mean that its roots are not from Germany. It was established and had presence in Europe and today it is the 7th largest supermarket in U.K.
- They are all about low prices, by this; they try to provide the best products or quality of food in a very reasonable price. This makes it the best place to shop the groceries because a penny saved is always appreciated.
- It came to the U.S. in 2017; Lidl opened its first branch in U.S. in 2017 and now has moe than 50 grocery stores in U.S.
- It got a bit of a rocky start; the launching was not as it was expected to be that also paused the construction of other stores.
- But, it is a win win situation for young customers, as per the survey, young customers between 18 – 32 loves visiting to this store for all their groceries with good quality, best products and a very good promotion.
This store has been growing and getting the market. Not only that, it is expanding with a great speed.
Hannah Weber is a seasoned journalist with nearly 10 years experience. While studying journalism at FernUniversität Hagen, Hannah found a passion for finding engaging stories. As a contributor to Deutch News, Hannah mostly covers human interest pieces.